Bake Off Series


....And it's back!!! (Is it back if it is now on Channel 4 and everybody else but Mr Blue eyes has left?!) Anyways, I can't lie but I was sceptical of the show as whole, I mean why change something that is already a god send?! However, I am forced to eat my words. If I still watch in on a Wednesday on demand with the option of skipping the ad breaks then it's basically the same just without Sue and Mel (secretly flooding my house as  type this)..

So I just want to apologise, if for the next two months I refuse to answer my phone on a Tuesday/ Wednesday night then you know what I am doing! Bake Off started with my favourite week, Cake week.. Having watched them try and control the moisture of their fruit in their fruit cakes, I thought I would share my favourite recipe, a lemon drizzle cake. The one that I use is from the woman magazine.


Serves 10
Ingredients
  • 250g margarine (a block of Stork)
  • 250g golden cater sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • Zest of 2 lemons
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 200g self raising flour, sieved
  • 50g ground almonds
For the syrup:
  • Juice of 2 lemons
  • 1/2 cup water


1) Heat the oven to 180C or Gas 4. Put the 10 paper loaf tins onto a metal tray.

2) Cream together the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, zest and juice of 1 lemon.

3) Fold in the flour and almonds until evenly combined.
4) Spoon the mixture into the paper loaf cases. Bake for 20 mins until well risen and golden brown.
5) Mix together the juice of 1 lemon and 100g fondant icing sugar.
6) Put the cakes onto a cooling rack. Pierce the cakes several times with a skewer. Pour over the lemon syrup to drench the cakes.
7) Combine the lemon juice and the remaining fondant icing sugar until smooth. Top cakes with lemon sugar decorations and drizzle with the lemon icing.  Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.




Lots of Love,
Kaya xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

// Kaya 20 London Self proclaimed foodie with a travel bug Instagram: kayagm (#bakedbykaya)