Quintessentially British

Recently I completed a 'How British are you?' quiz.. Being a French born Tamil living in England, I would love to say I did this as a social experiment, but let's be honest I was procrastinating. For those of you who would also like to do the same, click here.

Quite surprisingly, my response was that I was as British as Stephen Fry walking a corgi outside Buckingham Palace- though I think that came from the fact that most of the questions were tea related and like I said I am brown..
Anyways, back to the topic at hand- Quintessentially British and afternoon tea.

My sister and I had gone for a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory themed afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair. For those of you who haven't been to afternoon tea- definitely go! It is the only place where it is acceptable to drink gallons of tea and eat finger sandwiches with a knife and fork.. Again, for good deals on afternoon tea's visit this website

Themed afternoon teas are definitely the new rage and I highly recommend this little tasty treat. You are given an endless list of teas ranging from the traditional Earl Grey to the more adventurous chocolate tea! Everything was all wonderfully magical and delicious, as you'd expect of anything inspired by Roald Dahl. All the sandwiches were well put together with flavoured breads and equally tasty fillings- but I was in awe of the desserts and scones on offer. 

We were treated to fruit tartlets, blueberry macarons, lemon cheesecake slices, Oompa Loompa cupcakes and blueberry macarons. Each and every dessert on that stand was cleverly put together- a range of textures and flavours, all working together in unison to create something that is  syrumdiddlyumptious (shoutout to all the true Roald Dahl fans xo


P.S meet my sister, my ultimate fangirl and the best intern ever! Definitely makes the whole process of baking more fun. So this is just a little thank you for being my biggest cheerleader.. →








From L-R: blueberry macaron, golden egg (mango mousse encased with a white chocolate crust), fruit tartlet

As for the relevance of this post, I have decided to set myself a challenge to create an assortment of pastries and cakes for an afternoon tea of my own and I can't wait for you guys to follow my journey!

Lots of Love,
Kaya xo





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

// Kaya 20 London Self proclaimed foodie with a travel bug Instagram: kayagm (#bakedbykaya)